Booking Terms & Conditions
By booking with Move iT Couriers you agree to the following:
- We provide a door-to-door courier service.
- A job start is defined from when we arrive / greet you and ends upon completion of the job.
- Items must be ready for collection and, where possible, be clearly addressed with the receivers contact details and delivery address.
- A total waiting time, inclusive of pick up and delivery, of 10 minutes is provided per job.
- Additional waiting time will be charged at an hour rate of $60 per hour per courier, as per 5 minute blocks.
- When requested at time of booking, our vehicles can be equipped with free of charge materials: moving blankets, cardboard, trolley, straps and tools to assemble/dismantle goods.
- Items should be able to be lifted safely by 1 person and weigh no more than 22 kilograms.
- Any extra large or heavy item must be notified at time of booking together with accurate descriptions.
- If items collected exceeds the size specifications your booking will be automatically upgraded to the next level.
- Although every professional attempt to deliver items will be carried out as directed by the client, we reserve the right to refuse service at any point where deemed unsuitable or unsafe.
- It is the client’s responsibility to show the courier everything required to be moved and to check that nothing extra is taken, or items missed.
- All items to be collected must be accurately indicated at the time of booking. Additional charges may apply to items not stated at time of booking.
- It is recommended that you prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances or electronic equipment prior to their move.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that items will fit in the new premises. Our courier will not be insured to remove doors or windows in such cases and will be forced to drop the items outside the premises where safe access is not possible.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to inform us about the awkward access. Awkward access can include, no vehicle access, no parking available in close proximity to the property and cramped stair and hallway conditions.
- These trading terms shall form part of the contract which governs the relationship between you and us.
- Goods in transit have up to $100,000 insurance coverage. Public liability & property damage is included.
- Unless you check and pay for insurance coverage which waives the excess fee, a $250 excess fee applies if any damage to the client’s goods and property needs to be fixed or replaced by Move it Couriers.
- Insurance applies only when items are professionally packed and / or protected. Insurance will not apply in any case where the customer refuses our recommendation for a safe way of transporting your items.
- Insurance will not cover damaged items inside the boxes unless Move iT Couriers were responsible for the packing service.
- Insurance does not cover electronic equipment not packed in their original box.
- Insurance does not cover fragile items such as stone, including marble, concrete, granite, composite or similar.
- Insurance does not cover electrical fault unless caused by physical damage.
- A damage caused during the move must be notified by email no later than 24 hours after the move. You will be required to provide a written claim, via email, along with supporting clear photographs of issues. Our customer service team will investigate each claim with the aim of an outcome within 5 business days.
- No claims will be accepted after this 24 hour period.
- We cannot move prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition.
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Goods which require special licence or government permission for export or import.
- Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- Any human being, animals, birds, fish, reptiles or plants.
Payments and Pricing
- Our prices on this website, unless otherwise stated, exclude GST.
- We require full payment at the time of booking – except for clients with pre-approved accounts. The client has the choice to pay either cash (in person) or Visa/Mastercard (over the phone).
- Fuel levy of 0.20 cents per kilometre is applicable to all same day deliveries over 10km; rounded up to the nearest kilometre.
- Where the booking fee is paid by credit card you agree that these details are kept on file and the same credit card maybe be charged for any additional costs at the completion of the job.
- Delays for payment will be added to the total amount due. You may not withhold any part of the agreed price.
- All payments are required at time of booking. Should additional charges be applicable these will be issued as an invoice which are due within 5 business days. Approved account holders are except and payment terms are as per contract.
- In the event where your overdue account is referred to a collection agency and/or law firm, you will be liable for all costs which would be incurred as if the debt is collected in full, including commission on collection of the additional costs and also including legal demand costs.
- Overdue accounts will be subject to interest at the rate of 13% p.a., calculated for the period the account is due until the date it is paid.
- Cancellation with over 48 hours notice receive a 50% refund on your booking fee. Rescheduling your booking with over 48 hours notice is free.
- Cancellation or rescheduling within 48 hours of your booking will forfeit your booking fee.
By completing and submitting the booking confirmation form is a binding agreement that you agree to the terms and conditions listed on this page.